Friday, January 29, 2010

Bart & Francis Open House

Sigh. I wish I could be there. But there is a Big Pond between me and this exotic yarn extravaganza, which will take place in beautiful Belgium, January 30 and 31st, from 9:30 am-6:30 pm.

For those who don't know about Bart & Francis, go here and sigh with envy. The store carries a wide range of exquisite yarns--lace and otherwise--some of which are simply not available anywhere else. Their silk yarns make me weep a bit, and they stock exotica such as mirror and glass bead yarns, vicuna yarns, and linen and stainless steel thread.

If you can make it to the open house, you will be able to play with their fabulous offerings and I will hate you. The owners will handle your questions and assist those with special textile-related requirements to find exactly what you are looking for.

Francis assures me that all this will be done is a cozy atmosphere, featuring a never-before-encountered "Dump Your Husband Corner," stocked with a broad range of fancy alcoholic beverages and newspapers to keep him accupied while you, the textile lover, can range freely over their offerings. Of course, you can tenderly park your wife or SO there instead, and the brochures below indicate that tea and pastries are  also being offered.

And here is the announcement in a variety of languages :) Yarnlot, do enjoy your trip and post about it, because I am sure you won't want to miss this affair.







Bart & Francis
OverleieStraat  59
8500  Kortrijk
Belgiƫ
info@bart-francis.be
 
 

7 comments:

yarnlot said...

Just in time back from the Swiss mountains I will certainly enjoy the trip! It is always inspirative to hear Francis talk about fiber and textiles and to see and touch the yarns in reality...

Lacefreak said...

Wow! I had to wipe the drool from my keyboard. What a wonderland of products for an addict like me. Maybe it's a good thing I can't just jump in the car and drive there. Still, I can dream!

Batty said...

I guess it's too late to start looking for flights to Belgium...

MoniqueB. said...

Thanks for the heads up. But to late...
I hope to catch Bart & Francis on the craftsfair in Zwolle, in about 4 weeks.
Would you like me to be your eyes and send something to you??
(so you won't hate us so ...??)
;-)

L M said...

Gah, and I'm in Brussels *this* weekend rather than last! I would have loved some of those biscuit njamy ;-)

Unknown said...

I wish that I had known sooner! Love the Dump your husband or S.O. corner. Brilliant idea!

lisa_d said...

Your post is very interesting. Great idea too.

Deirdre G
houses for sale philippines