Sunday, May 27, 2007

Knitting Confectionary


Yum! Looks so much like cotton candy that I have to resist taking a bite. The pattern is Swallowtail, (Interweave Knits, Fall 2006)--a charming design from Evelyn Clark. The yarn is the Count 5 mohair I bought at Yuzawaya a few weeks ago--soft was goose down.

This confection is providing a much-needed respite from the incessant K3togs and P3togs in my Spider King. I had to rip out a row today because I read the pattern sequence incorrectly. That's the first actually tinking I've had to do, but it was a real annoyance undoing those P3tog stitches with a pin. Fooey!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swallowtail is a great pattern. I just blocked mine today.

Lacefreak said...

Dear fleegle, Your Swallowtail is so refreshing a color and very fem/fluffy. Reminds me of 50's sweater girls! Sometimes you just need a break from those kick-ass projects. I feel your pain at having to tink back those P3togs with a pin. Big Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Love the color. You are truly Peachy Peachy.

Monika said...

I love the Swallowtail shawl. Seeing it with this yarn, it will be gorgeous! What size needle are you using for this delicate yarn?

fleegle said...

I am using a size 4. I first tried a size 5, but I am not a fan of loose-looking lace.

missalicefaye said...

mmm--pretty! And boo to tinking any combinations of togs!

Batty said...

That is beautiful. It makes me want to eat your yarn!

Colette said...

Hi Fleegle,

I've been checking out your blog and have been meaning to leave a comment. Your knitting and embroidery is just beautiful. Thanks for the great tutorials on charting software and fonts. I've been using the information a lot lately.

Lucy said...

Very very pretty Fleegle - I have this pattern too - I'm waiting for my lace needles to arrive at the moment !!Happy Knitting!